One of the skills that you need while managing Social Media is to be able to write quick posts. Posts that are in context to your ongoing communication and posts that are relevant for your customer sets / readers.
- It is important that you maintain a diary – a list which has dates and topics that you will be covering on your blog. Having a ready schedule list is a great way to be on track.
- What you also need is having a very clear definition on what is the tone of voice that you will maintain. The brand that you may want to write about requires to be insync with its pre-determined personality. This is critical as all customer touchpoints should have same brand behavior, attitude and personality. Your blog is definitely a space where your brand meets your customer and hence it is crucial that this touchpoint also maintain the similar flow of personality. The reason to have a single brand personality is so that when the consumer comes across your brand on any platform they relate to you and thereby you become more familiar to them. Thus you go a step further in their mindset to be considered and be their preferred brand. Hence you need maintain the same tone of voice that you have maintained for your brand across other mediums.
- Be very clear on how your brand should react when you receive a comment. It is important that comments are addressed. Each comment should be respected and addressed. Please stay clear – away from copy paste jobs. Do not come across as a robot. When addressing comments do maintain the same brand personality. Many a times I have noticed that while commenting the brand personality is not being reflected. Avoid this situation.
- Decide on keywords. A very critical part of blogging is keyword optimization. seo is the method by which you improve the ranking of your site on the search engines. While working on Social Media you will have heard about Meta Tags and Keywords. These are the things you build into your web / blogs / Social Media pages so that the search engines find your site and rank it favorably. You should also know that there are many dozens of off-page criteria that the search engines (SE’s) look at as well – this is more of technical side though.
- Omit all unnecessary words. Please do not start to populate your posts with the keywords such that the very meaning of the post is lost out. Aim at keeping your posts between 250 to 450 words.
- Include complete thoughts in headlines.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
- Never lose your sense of humor.
- Write like it counts.
- White space is your friend. It is not critical to cover each and every portion of your blog.
- Use the simplest possible word and sentence structure.
- Read your post out loud and make sure you don’t get stuck on complex construction.
- Use bulleted points whenever you can.
- Use subheads every few paragraphs, even in a 300 word post.
- Use bold text and italics for emphasis on words and phrases.
- Make sure your posts are easy to scan.
- Don’t be afraid to voice opinions. You cannot be good to all persons. You need to take a stand.
- You need lots of skill to get your writing to a higher level. This is feasible. Yes very much possible. Just the way you need to do exercise to maintain and enhance your body, similarly, for the brain you need brain exercise.
Your turn: Have any interesting pointer? Do add them here.
I work as Freelance Social Media Network Online Professional. We have an active Social Media community at my Facebook Business Page. You can experience / see demonstration of Social Media and Community Management at http://www.facebook.com/pervarakapadia. To discover, share, interact, network, have question answer sessions and converse on Social Media do join me at facebook.com/pervarakapadia http://www.facebook.com/pervarakapadia
Share this Page with people who require Social Media help for their brand and business.